Thursday, July 5, 2012

Keep Calm and Let's Bake!

Hope you all had a fun and safe 4th of July! To celebrate everyone's "Free"dom eating, I am posting my gluten-free cheesecake recipe that I use all the time! I found this recipe online, but as an avid baker I tweaked it a lot. In addition to changing the recipe to my liking, I changed what I baked them in. I don't own a springform pan yet so I made them mini cupcake size cheesecakes!! I put them in decorative and festive cupcake liners too! They were a big hit with my whole family! So here's my recipe for Mini Gluten free cheesecakes!!
These are the cheesecakes I made.

Mini Gluten Free Cheesecakes

Preheat oven at 350 degrees.

Crust:
For the Crust I use the brand kinnikinnick. I use their Graham Cracker Crust as my base.
Add the entire package of kinnikinnick crumbs to a mixing bowl. Mix in 1/2 Cup of Dark Brown sugar and 1/2 Cup sugar (if you like Cinnamon I always add some to spice it up). Melt 8 Tbsp of butter or margarine and pour over mixture. Keep mixing until all ingredients combine and the mixture is thick. Spoon into cupcake pan in decorative liners and flatten down into a thin layer on the bottom of the cupcake liner. refrigerate for 30 min.

Filling:
3- 8oz packages of cream cheese softened
2-eggs
1-cup sugar
1-tsp vanilla extract
a good pinch of salt

Mix all the above stated ingredients together in mixing bowl. Mix until smooth. Using an ice cream scoop, spoon into cupcake liners.

Bake for 35-40 minutes until the edges are lightly browned. When you take them out of the oven, the tops will be puffed up (Don't be alarmed), as the cheesecakes cool they will flatten down to be cheesecake form. Top them with fresh berries or your favorite fruit then serve and enjoy...enjoy way more than you probably should ;)



I usually use all organic and gluten free ingredients, but this is a recipe for anyone and everyone! I hope you all will try to make these because they are suuuuuuper yummy (my husband doesn't even like to share them...so you can imagine how hard it was for him to share them yesterday). Let me know how your baking adventure goes!!

What a 'Sweet' Journey it will be! Keep up with your "Free"dom eating!

More yumminess to come,
Mary ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment