Saturday, July 14, 2012

Recipe: Easy peanut butter cookies

This is an easy recipe my friend taught me the last time we baked together. It's so simple and so delicious! For those of your with peanut allergies, try substituting sunflower seed butter. I am still working with egg substitutes and haven't really gotten it down yet, but I read that chia gel works great to substitute for eggs and it is full of Omega-3 and Omega-6! I will attach a link about chia seeds. 

Easy Peanut Butter cookies
Ingredients:
1-cup peanut butter 
1-cup sugar
1-egg

preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix all three ingredients together. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (parchment paper is great for all gluten free cookie baking) Roll a rounded spoonful of dough in some sugar, then slightly flatten with a fork creating a cross-hatched design. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies lightly brown. Makes about a dozen cookies. My nephew and I like to roll a chocolate in the middle of each cookie and create our special "peanut butter surprise cookies"! 

Here's the link for an egg substitute in any of your baking. I haven't tried it with this recipe yet. I will try it out in the near future and let you all know! Basically, 4 tablespoons of chia gel equal 1 egg. 

Hope you all enjoy the recipe! Stay "free" my friends ;)
More to come,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment